Carbon emissions reduction

As we are all aware of the need for sustainable practices, we are working on ways to reduce our carbon footprint and minimize the impact on the environment. One way we do this is to implement projects in our factories that increase the use of renewable energy in our rotomolding manufacturing process. Rotomolding is a process that involves heating plastic material and shaping it in a mold. This process requires energy, mostly for heating the plastic material. By using renewable sources such as solar energy and hydro-power, we can greatly reduce the carbon emissions associated with the manufacture of our products.

Carbon Emissions Reduction
Solar Energy (1)

Solar energy

Solar energy is one of the most widely available renewable energy sources and it can be used to power electric heating elements as well as electric motors and compressors in the rotomolding process. Photovoltaic panels on the roof of our factory capture sunlight, which is then converted into electricity to power the power the rotomolding process. We will continue to install solar panels, replacing of fossil fuels.

Hydro-power for rotomolding

Hydro-power is special form of carbon emissions reducing energy. Hydro-power is used to generate electricity for some of our factories. The factories in Iceland are using this energy: 70% of the electricity comes from hydropower, with the remaining 30% from geothermal power. A machine that used to run on fossil fuels has been converted to operate on renewable energy; a second machine is next to be converted to this form of renewable energy. Implementing renewable energy in our rotomolding plants is a vital step towards achieving sustainability in our operations. By using solar energy and hydro-power, we reduce our carbon footprint, and we reduce the reliance on fossil fuels. Our first projects on renewable energy have saved 400.000 kg CO2 emissions. It’s important for us to continue to take these steps and become leaders in the path towards a more sustainable future.

Hydro Power For Rotomolding
Lets bring
your idea
to life.
Start now!